Monday, November 24, 2008

Hey Miki! You're so Kind you Blow my Mind, Hey Miki!
















I truly canot say enough about Miki. Who is Miki, you ask? Well, he's Miki Iwasaki of mi-workshop. He's probaby one of the most versitally talented people I've ever met. In fact, he's so good at just about everything he does that it pretty much makes me want to puke! Not only is he an amazing sustainable furniture designer, he's an architecht {courtesy of Harvard!}and just so happens to be pretty darn talented behind a camera lens too. All this raw talent is enough to make a good person choose to hate Mr. Iwasaki - but you just can't - he's too darn nice. Frustrating, isn't it? In my thoughtful pursuit of a total Pink dot makeover I had the absolute pleasure of working with Miki on the photography for my new website. His eye for visual perfection is second to none {of course it is!} 

All the bright, shiny new photos are the handy work of Miki - with the exception of the family portrait - courtesy of Urban Baby {don't get me started on how much I adore them... that will be a whole other post in itself!!!} which resides on the contact page, just in case you were wondering. Not only did he meticulously shoot all of my portfolio pieces, he also humored me on several 'mood shoots' in which he shot what seemed like thousands of pictures that would be displayed throughout the new site. It was a complete success! Although he doesn't advertise his photo skills, instead he utilizes them for hobby and documenting his own handy work - he could and he'd most likely be ridiculously successful at that too! 

No comments: