Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a very PINK-dot-press baby shower










I LOVE a good party - and I love babies even more, so when my sister-in-law Megan was due to be showered I jumped at the chance to rain down pink baby-ness all over her! It was a surprise [the best ones always are] so I wanted it to be an explosion - and lucky for me she's expecting a girl so a party drenched in pink was the perfect plan! The invitations went out asking family + close friends to help celebrate Mommy Meg and her sweet little Egg...



















Being in San Diego throwing a swanky backyard bash is a piece of cake! We dolled up the back yard in lovely shades of pink and sprinkled baby shower bits and pieces through out. We kept it easy, simple and celebratory. The end result was nothing short of adorable - I like to think backyard-baby-chic! 





















The shower was small and intimate allowing for a little bit of decadence! From the flags in the food to the Baby Megg Pop Quiz all the way down to the little babies nestled inside their pink eggs atop the brownies - no detail was spared! The entire process was brilliant fun and allowed for the inner party planner in me to par take in pure pink indulgence. I have always wanted to throw a baby shower and am so glad I was able to do it, pull it off with out a hitch and of course shower a marvelous-mommy-to-be! 

{eeeeek! I can't wait to be an Auntie!!!}

2 comments:

JuliN said...

No wonder you're always stressed. You really overdo EVERYTHING (in an amazing way of course)!!! Looks really nice though Kells. Fun. Congrats to Megan.

Unknown said...

Stumbled on your party post! Very cute! Love the details!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com