Friday, June 26, 2009

Dressing the part



















These invitations are hot off the pink dot press - and they KILL me! There is something about this juxtaposition of classic and modern that makes such a lovely paring. I love the contrast of the classic one color semi-formal invitation set against the uber-modern super bold Greek Key envelope liner. I'm such a lady of bold bright flamboyant color - but this deep inky-navy-ness sends me over the moon! I think it satisfies the need to over indulge in a frenzy of BOLD that makes me love it so much. This bride and groom are too cute and were a delight to work with - and although I only know them on a client/designer basis, I'd like to think that if I were to attend this darling little soiree I'd dress the part. I'd douse myself in this delicious  navy Ruffled cotton-sateen frock from jcrew, and pair it with these 

Lyla peep toes heels. This ensemble screams classic-modern-chic, is just so undeniably lady like not to mention proper - you know in that Betty Draper kind of way. I'd like to think that showing up dolled up to match the invitation is the perfect way to dress the part!

No comments: